- Special Events
- Last Ride >
- Rusty Parka News
- Tip of the Mitt Newsletter
- Region Director's Blog
- NM Region Facebook Page
- Central Division Facebook Page
- National Ski Patrol YouTube Video Channel
Slide Shows / Pictures
- 2014 Outdoor Emergency Care Exam at Nub's Nob
- 2014 Outdoor Emergency Care Traverse City Area Test at Schuss Mountain
- 2014 Senior Emergency Management at Boyne Highlands March 9th
- 2014 Alpine Test Nubs Nob
- 2014 Section 2 & 3 Basic Hill Test - 100% Pass!
- 2014 Toboggan Clinic at Schuss Mountain
- June 1 2013 Traverse City OEC Class Final Practical Exam
- May 2nd NMR Cedar River at Schuss Banquet Pictures
- OEC Refresher Gaylord High School September 29th
- NMR Events Registration
How to become a patroller... Candidate patrollers must be affiliated with a specific National Ski
Patrol squad currently accepting candidates for training. Training will consist
of completing the OEC (outdoor emergency care) class, requiring around 100 hours
of classroom time, in addition to completing the American Red Cross class for
professional-rescue CPR certification. On-the-hill training consists of basic
ski proficiency and toboggan handling, along with introduction to chair evacuation procedures. Most candidate programs are 2-year mentoring programs, which will prepare the candidate for passing of the NSP Basic Hill test, and the NSP OEC test. To sum it up, candidates will need strong skiing skills, commitment to OEC level emergency care, a willingness to learn, and a high fitness level, with a knack for both independent decision making, and working within an integrated team. Most of all, patrollers have a great commitment to the patrol and ski area management.
For information on joining the National Ski Patrol, in the Northern Michigan Region, go to the "Patrols" page, and contact the Patrol Director at one of our Northern Michigan Ski Areas OR fill out the contact form below and "submit". Be sure to comment on your choice of patrol(s) and your cell phone #. We will contact YOU.
Northern Michigan Region Patrols
Boyne Highlands, Harbor Springs. MI
Boyne Mountian, Boyne Falls, MI
Hanson Hills, Grayling 49738
Hickory Hills, Traverse City, MI 49685
Homestead, Glen Arbor, MI 49636
Mt Holiday, Traverse City, MI 49686
Nub's Nob, Harbor Springs, Mi 49740
Otsego Club, Gaylord MI, 49734
Shanty Creek, Bellaire, MI 49615
Schuss Mountain, Mancelona, MI
Treetops, Gaylord, MI 49735
Northern Michigan Patrols Are Recruiting!
See Slideshow Above - - Congrats To All Our New Northern Michigan Patrollers!